AN INTRODUCTION TO PASCAL PROGRAMMING
© Copyright B Brown/P Henry/CIT 1987-1995. All rights reserved.
This courseware introduces you to the subject of programming
using the Pascal language. You are encouraged to work through each
module at your own pace. Last modified 19th June 1995.
This courseware is best viewed in 800x600 resolution.
This module is currently under development. Please be patient.
- Variables and Variable types
- Variable Names and assigning values
- Arithmetic Statements and Operators
- Displaying the value of Variables
- Keyboard Input
- Integer division and modulus
- If, if else, relational operators
- And, or, not operators
- For and while loops
- Emunerated Data Types and sub-ranges
- SUCC, PRED, ORD, CHR
- ABS, COS, SIN, SQRT, LN, ODD, ROUND, TRUNC
- Operator Precedence
- Procedures and Functions
- Procedures and Local Variables
- Procedures which accept arguments (parameter passing)
- Procedures and value arguments (copies)
- Procedures and var arguments (originals)
- Functions, Procedures which return values
- Records and Procedures
- Arrays of Records
- Records containing Arrays
- Records containing Records
- File handling
- Pointers (not yet fully implemented)
- Linked Lists (not yet implemented)
- Dynamic Memory Allocation (not yet implemented)
- Command Line Arguments (not yet implemented)
- Sets (not yet implemented)
- On-Line Interactive Tests
Resource Material/Reference Books
Programming in Pascal: B Brown
Pascal: P Henry, CIT
If you have any questions or suggestions concerning this courseware,
please fill in the comments form or
send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I'd love to hear from you.
this on your own server.
Details of other
FACULTY Home page
CIT Home page
Copyright Brian Brown/Peter Henry/CIT 1987-1995. All rights reserved.